- The Championship shall comprise of 54 holes of stroke play, which will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and the local rules approved by the Organising Committee.
- A competitor must be an amateur as defined by the current Rules of Amateur Status.
- Entry will be limited to 204 competitors total (men and women). Competitors will play 18 holes each day and a cut will be set after two rounds.
- In the event of a tie after three rounds, the winner will be decided by a sudden death play-off.
- Participants will walk the 54 holes of competition.
- The Committee reserves the right to disqualify any competitor making a false statement on his application form or to refuse or reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
- The Competitor shall start at the time laid down by the Committee.
- The Committee reserves the right to fix and/or alter starting times and to alter or amend any of the conditions.
- The Committee’s decision in all disputes is final.
- If the number of entries exceeds the maximum number of 204 spots (men and women), a list of reserves will be prepared. Any vacancies as a result of competitors withdrawing after the closing date will be filled from the list of reserves. This reserve list will be published on the website and regularly updated.
- All entries will be subject to the approval of the Committee, which reserves the right to accept or refuse or, having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
Order of Play
The draw for rounds 1 and 2 will be prepared 2 days before round 1.
Competitors are required to register at the Tournament Office, located in the Clubhouse of Walt Disney World® Golf (Magnolia and Palm courses) from 9.00 AM – 5.00 PM on Wednesday 27 December 2017.
If you are unable to register on Wednesday 27 December, please call the Tournament Office at +1 407 257 4888 prior to 3.00 pm to confirm your participation and then register in person at the Tournament Office prior to play on Thursday 28 December.
Each competitor will receive an information pack at registration.
Tournament Practice Area
A long game practice area will be assigned for the Orlando International Amateur participants. Balls will be provided at the driving range.
Practice rounds can be booked up to 14 days in advance of the event by contacting the Disney Golf Reservations Center at +1 407 939-4653. The discounted rate will be offered at $49 (plus taxes) after 9:00am daily. The Disney Golf Reservations Center will have the most up to date list of participants. Practice rounds are for competitors only. Competitors should practice from tees as instructed with a maximum of two tee shots on par 3 holes.
Free car parking for competitors and officials is available in the car parks situated by the Clubhouse.
Competitors may use their own caddie (PGA Professionals are permitted to caddie).
Yardage books will be given to each participant at the registration desk in the Clubhouse.
All golfing apparel must be clean and smart and conform to the standards of good taste normally required by most golf clubs. The wearing of jeans, denim trousers and collarless shirts is not permitted.
- Competitors are expected to acquaint themselves with the local rules – these will be distributed at Registration, together with information on pace of play.
- Pin positions and scorecards will be handed out on the 1st tee.
- Disputes or doubts may only be referred to Officials and members of the Organizing Committee. In particular, rulings on the course may only be given by Officials.
- Please play without undue delay as disciplinary action will be taken against persistent slow play offenders.
- Distance-measuring devices without slope measurement are allowed.
On completion of play in each round, competitors must head to the scoring desk to ensure that their scorecards are correctly completed and signed.
Competitors are responsible for making their own arrangements for accommodation. It is recommended that competitors make reservations as soon as possible. Information can be obtained on our website (accommodation section).
Presentation of Prizes
The presentation of prizes will take place as soon as possible after close of play on Saturday 30 December. The Winners’ Trophies are retained by the Committee. Replicas will be given to the winners.
Participants can apply for a refund in certain circumstances (injury, exam conflicts in school, death in the family, or other external circumstances). Withdrawals received before the 4th of December will incur a $50 withdrawal refund processing fee. After the 4th of December, participants will forfeit their entry fee.
We look forward to hosting you end of December!